I took the exam in the last days of October, and was suprised that some questions covered also not that easy troubleshooting for boards. I like the idea to exspect a deeper understanding of that daily tool fo many teams. Of course, this exam and it’s certification are designed not for Jira Administrators but for Project managers, Development leads and Scrum masters.
The exam covers these entry-level topic areas:
- Board types and concepts — 16%
- Configuring board permissions and filters — 36%
- Configuring board columns and swimlanes — 20%
- Configuring board appearance — 12%
- Configuring estimation and working days — 16%
My notes about the exam
- You should have a good understanding of JQL and how to use it in quick filters, board filters and subfilters. The Atlassian JQL Cheat Sheet can help to remeber if you don’t use JQL that often. If you are new to use the advanced search with Jira Query Language (JQL) check the Atlassian support here or in the guide section with a lot of videos.
- More than one of my questions in the exam was about subfilters and how they are used.
- The Working Days board configuration should be part of your learning path.
- Also you should know about saving, sharing filters and the permissions. Then you ae able to hanlde possible errors out of that and exam questions regarding this.
- All differences between kanban and scrum boards are also part of the Jira Software Board Configuration Certification Prep and are a must have.
Name: Atlassian Certified in Jira Software Board Configuration (ACA-JSWBC)
Price: $100 USD
Length: up to 25 questions
Time limit: 60 minutes
Passing score: 72 percent (number by Atlassian)
Expire: after 2 years
Test Centers: PSI Exam Center (OnSite) & PSI Web Delivery (Remote)